1. (Mac) With Silhouette Studio Designer Edition open, click Silhouette Studio (next to the apple icon in the main menu bar) and select Preferences.
1. (PC) With Silhouette Studio Designer Edition open, click File and select Preferences.
2. From the Preferences section, click Import Options
3. Locate the “When importing SVG” section and click on the radio button next to “Centered“.
4. Click Apply
5. That’s it! Now re-open your SVG file!
Some Silhouette users have successfully converted our SVG files to the above mentioned formats, but we advise against this practice for two reasons. Firstly, we cannot guarantee the integrity of our files when they are converted from their native SVG format. This means that if the project doesn’t cut correctly or assemble properly, we can’t offer support. Secondly, with the availability of Silhouette Studio Designer Edition, you don’t need to convert the files. Designer Edition gives you the ability to natively import SVG files without having to convert anything. Get a copy of Silhouette Studio Designer Edition by clicking here.
Silhouette Training Resources
Have a question that we didn’t cover here? Click Here to contact us!